Friday 20 January 2012


As a visiting artist, I am sharing model time with a lovely group of second year sculptors - Derek, Frank, Johanna, and October

(alphabetical, not importance order!) at the Florence Academy of Art, till Easter.
The project is a life sized female torso, and after sketching a little macquette in the first week, we made armatures over the weekend so we could get started on the big one this week. Here is a pic of the big shapes after four or five sessions working the clay. We have about 8 weeks left, and it feels great to be studying the form so intensely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jim Lawson said...

I really like the torso as it is! Take lots of pictures so you can remember how fresh and full of movement it is at this stage. I have just finished loading all my sculptures onto my own blog.

30 January 2012 at 17:42  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home