Friday 12 November 2010

Austin Osman Spare



Few things give me the excuse to venture to Elephant and Castle. Second hand bikes is one good reason. Architectural cautionary tales are another.
This week, a collection of the drawings and painting of Austin Spare have been on show in the Cuming Museum inside Southwark Town Hall.
I was just left wondering why all his work is not housed in the National Gallery. A real, rare treat.
You have until 14th November, after which time perhaps Atlantis books in Museum Street can help give you a taster.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam Rowan said...

I'm still following you blog mate!
I wish I was in london to see that.
Hope your well

sam

12 November 2010 at 21:01  
Blogger scott davidson said...

"There should be pictures of food in the dining room and landscape in the living room," says my daughter, who is just starting her interior design course at our local university. So I asked her to browse to wahooart.com on the computer.
There she can choose good canvas prints to be made from a vast choice of Western art and she picked this one of fish by Braque, http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LJ278 for the dining room.

14 October 2012 at 11:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home